Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Tempe, AZ
Summary: Spectrum Engineers, a leading provider of mechanical, electrical, plumbing and related engineering design services to architects, owners and contractors across the nation is seeking a Business Development Manager for its Tempe Arizona office.
The position requires a BS/BA degree in marketing, communications, public relations, business management or related major, 5+ years’ similar experience and knowledge of the Arizona architecture/engineering market; strong public relations, marketing/sales strategy and writing skills, preferably a working knowledge of InDesign and other Adobe Suite programs.
The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to work with others to develop and implement creative solutions in a deadline-driven environment.
Responsible for developing and tracking new project opportunities, new client development, presentation development and assisting with preparation of collateral materials, including strategic direction.
• Client networking and attending industry functions
• Presentation development
• Interview preparation, including strategy and direction
• Pursuing leads, tracking opportunities and positioning the firm with clients
• Leading marketing/business development coordination meetings
• Setting and coordinating client meetings
• Managing sponsorship activity and trade shows
• Public relations activities; including identifying topics of interest, writing and submitting articles to trade publications, award applications/nomination
• Competitive salary and incentive programs
• Full medical and dental for employee, with company contribution to dependent coverage
• 401K with company match contributions
• Company-paid life insurance benefits for employees and dependents
• Paid vacation and holiday
• Company employee training/education contributions
Our organization will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance. We will take affirmative steps to ensure that all of our company’s employment practices are free of discrimination. Such employment practices include, but are not limited to, the following: hiring, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, selection, layoff, disciplinary action, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, and selection for training, including apprenticeship. We will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities whenever possible.