For more than 30 years, Spectrum Engineers has attracted driven, motivated, successful individuals, who thrive in an accountability driven environment. Founded in 1982, Spectrum Engineers is a multi-discipline consulting engineering firm based in Salt Lake City, Utah with an additional office in Tempe, Arizona and remote locations around the country. Spectrum has been awarded Best Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Firm for Utah’s best of state in 2020 and 2021. We provide client-centered electrical, mechanical, acoustical and fire protection engineering in addition to technology, lighting and theatre design services throughout the United States and at various locations around the world.
Position status: Part-time, Hourly and At Will
- Learning Revit modeling and AutoCAD design process and documentation.
- Interact with project team members
- Prepare project deliverables with attention to detail
- Evolving knowledge of building codes and industry standards
- Perform engineering calculations
- Develop ability to read plans and specifications
- Drawing plans as instructed.
- Develop knowledge of the process of project development.
- Support duties of an engineering intern as assigned by the principal engineers.
- Currently pursuing an BSEE degree as a Junior or Senior.
- On path to completing the F.E. Exam.
- Minimum of 3.2 GPA Preferred
- Experience in the A/E/C industry a plus.
- Able to work 20-25 hours a week
Our organization will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance. We will take affirmative steps to ensure that all of our company’s employment practices are free of discrimination. Such employment practices include, but are not limited to, the following: hiring, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, selection, layoff, disciplinary action, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, and selection for training, including apprenticeship. We will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities whenever possible.