Spectrum Engineers, Inc. is a multi-discipline engineering firm with exceptional talent in Mechanical, Electrical, Lighting Design, Structural, Technology and Security engineers and consultants. As one of Utah’s largest MEP firms, we are proud to serve our clients which include Architects, Owners and Builders. Our firm attracts adaptable high performers who understand that the keys to success lie in putting our client’s first.
About this position:
As a Lighting Designer your talents are added to the multitude of exceptional projects our firm has to serve our clients. Your creativity and ideas are valued and supported as you work with our engineering teams as well as individually to provide lighting design for a variety of projects.
- Coordination and meeting with Architects, Consultants, Engineers and Owners to develop lighting designs to meet client needs.
- Prepare lighting design concepts and sketches.
- Perform accurate lighting calculations and renderings using a variety of computer software programs and tools, including illuminance contribution from artificial lighting and daylighting.
- Provide interior and exterior lighting layouts.
- Create complete lighting fixture plans, schedules and details Using Autodesk Revit BIM software.
- Prepare documents and specifications for bidding and construction.
- Provide construction administration including submittal reviews, response to contractor questions, field visits, observation reports, and final punch lists.
- Develop and continue client relationships to ensure success and future opportunities.
A successful member of our firm will possess the following qualities:
- The drive and determination to be creative and perform at a high level.
- Excellent communication skills -both verbal and written.
- Detail oriented, with the ability to track and complete tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university in architecture, interior design, electrical engineering or theatrical lighting design or another related field.
- LC Certification, PE License or LEED AP Certification.
- 3+ Years in lighting design in the architectural, engineering and construction industry.
- Full-Time, Salaried, with ownership possibilities.
- Medical, Dental, 401K.