For more than 30 years, Spectrum Engineers has attracted driven, motivated, successful individuals, who thrive in an accountability driven environment. Founded in 1982, Spectrum Engineers is a multi-discipline consulting engineering firm based in Salt Lake City, Utah with an additional office in Tempe, Arizona and remote locations around the country. Spectrum has been awarded Best Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Firm for Utah’s best of state in 2020 and 2021. We provide client-centered electrical, mechanical, acoustical and fire protection engineering in addition to technology, lighting and theatre design services throughout the United States and at various locations around the world.
Our Mechanical Engineers provide only the most exceptional service with consulting, engineering and designing HVAC and Plumbing systems for complex projects for healthcare, military, and higher education.
- Perform engineering calculations including, heat load calculations, energy modeling, ventilation requirements, duct static, piping head loss, COMcheck, cost estimates, LEED documentation, etc.
- Size, Select, Specify, & Schedule HVAC equipment, ductwork, hydronic piping, air terminals, plumbing equipment, fixtures, plumbing piping including domestic water, waste, vent, storm drainage, natural gas, compressed air, medical gases, etc.
- Develop Revit system design and documentation.
- Interact with clients and project team members.
- Complete assigned work on time.
- Work independently and in a team.
- Prepare project deliverables with attention to detail.
- Evolving knowledge of building codes and industry standards.
- Ability to read and understand plans and specifications.
- 6+ years’ experience in Mechanical Architectural design.
- Graduate of ABET accredited engineering school.
- Great communication skills and enjoys working with people.
- Service-oriented and a desire to respond to the needs of the clients.
- Previous use or Revit
- Highly Competitive Salary.
- Employee Ownership Opportunities of Company Stock.
- Full Medical, Dental and Life Insurance.
- Complete financial and operational transparency of your projects.
- 401K Match (200% of your contributions up to 6%) *yes, that written correctly!
Our organization will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance. We will take affirmative steps to ensure that all of our company’s employment practices are free of discrimination. Such employment practices include, but are not limited to, the following: hiring, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, selection, layoff, disciplinary action, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, and selection for training, including apprenticeship. We will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities whenever possible.