Title: RF Engineer
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Please read the summary carefully before applying. After reading, please answer this question and put your response in the cover letter section of the application. – Thank you.
- As head of our new RF sector, how can your past success and skills make the department lucrative?
Summary: Do you have the drive and determination to start a new division of an already successful and reputable company?
At Spectrum Engineers, we provide a work environment for the entrepreneurial, high-performing engineer. Some key principles to help your future success are pursuing new opportunities, making clients satisfied to help ensure repeat business, assist marketing and business development in the growth of your own personal brand, oversee construction administration and responsible for the production of documents.
Do you think you’ll be able to bring existing or build your own business within the Spectrum ecosystem?
- Design RF systems by using iBwave
- Design engineering activities to maximize network connectivity and capacity
- Perform engineering functions related to interconnect equipment and facilities, signaling systems, switches and traffic
- Conduct RF site surveys
- Provide in-building solutions for public safety, cellular and SMR
- Research and select high power radar components based upon specified requirements
- Write requirements documents, theories of operation, operations manuals, etc
- Assist marketing/business development in the growth of your own personal brand
- Construction administration; support new supplier reviews, vendor capabilities, and vendor activation activities
- Pursuing new project opportunities, preparation of proposals, etc
- Client communication
- Managing the production of documents
- Writing/editing specifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited ABET program (is a plus but not required)
- 5+ years of experience
- Previous use of RF test gear
- Strong RF design concepts
- Competitive salary and incentive programs
- Full medical and dental for employee, with company contribution to dependent coverage
- 401K with company match contributions
- Company-paid life insurance benefits for employees and dependents
- Paid vacation and holiday
- Company employee training/education contributions
Our organization will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance. We will take affirmative steps to ensure that all of our company’s employment practices are free of discrimination. Such employment practices include, but are not limited to, the following: hiring, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, selection, layoff, disciplinary action, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, and selection for training, including apprenticeship. We will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities whenever possible.