Title: Substation Electrical Engineer P.E.
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Summary: At Spectrum Engineers, we provide a work environment for the entrepreneurial, high-performing engineer. This is done by thinking as a business owner. Some key principles to help your success are pursuing new opportunities, making clients satisfied to help ensure repeat business, assist marketing and business development in the growth of your own personal brand, oversee construction administration and responsible for the production of documents. Do you think you’ll be able to build your own business within the Spectrum ecosystem?
- Create/update plans, detail single line diagrams, schematics, metering, and relay diagrams, AC/DC station service and SCADA cabling diagram of substations.
- Coordination of civil and structural engineering work.
- Analyzing and setting power protective relay systems as well as electrical systems and circuits.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting electrical issues in power plant systems.
- Perform power studies and calculations.
- Develop protection schemes for transmission and distribution systems
- Develop Specifications
- Cost Estimating & Project Management
- Physical arrangement and layout
- Create/update conduit schedules, point-to-point control wiring diagrams, circuit schedules, and bill of materials.
- Prepare technical documentation for bidding and construction of substations.
- Perform construction administration services, including submittal review, site visits, field reports, problem resolution, witness testing and final closeout of the project.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering from an ABET-accredited program
- Professional Engineering license in the state of Utah
- 7+ years’ experience in substation design
- Substations project experience through 500 kV
- 3+ years’ using Revit
- Competitive salary and incentive programs
- Full medical and dental for employee, with company contribution to dependent coverage
- 401K with company match contributions
- Company-paid life insurance benefits for employees and dependents
- Paid vacation and holiday
- Company employee training/education contributions
Our organization will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance. We will take affirmative steps to ensure that all of our company’s employment practices are free of discrimination. Such employment practices include, but are not limited to, the following: hiring, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, selection, layoff, disciplinary action, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, and selection for training, including apprenticeship. We will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities whenever possible.