Title: Mechanical Engineer
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Summary: We are looking for someone with at least 1-2 years’ experience in our industry. Our Mechanical Engineers provide only the most exceptional service with consulting, engineering, and designing HVAC and Plumbing systems for complex projects for healthcare, military, and higher education. This position’s primary duties include designing mechanical and plumbing systems for all types of projects including, housing, office, hospitals, and industrial.
- Perform engineering calculations including, heat load calculations, energy modeling, ventilation requirements, duct static, piping head loss, COMcheck, cost estimates, LEED documentation, etc.
- Size, Select, Specify, & Schedule HVAC equipment, ductwork, hydronic piping, air terminals, plumbing equipment, fixtures, plumbing piping including domestic water, waste, vent, storm drainage, natural gas, compressed air, medical gases, etc.
- Develop AutoCad/Revit system design and documentation
- Interact with clients and project team members
- Complete assigned work on time
- Work independently and in a team
- Prepare project deliverables with attention to detail
- Evolving knowledge of building codes and industry standards
- Ability to read and understand plans and specifications
- Graduate with a BSME from an ABET-accredited engineering school
- Good communication skills and enjoys working with people
- Services-oriented and a desire to respond to the needs of the client
- Previous use of Revit
- Competitive salary and incentive programs
- Full medical and dental for employee, with company contribution to dependent coverage
- 401K with company match contributions
- Company-paid life insurance benefits for employees and dependents
- Paid vacation and holiday
- Company employee training/education contributions
Our company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.