The Huntsman Cancer Hospital sits on the east bench of the beautiful Salt Lake Valley. The hospital is 276,344 square feet (finished), 13,269 square feet (unfinished). The second phase of the Huntsman Cancer facilities is adjacent to the first phase. The building is six stories high, to match Phase I of the project, and will provide 50 private inpatient and 18 outpatient rooms, 32 outpatient exam rooms, radiation therapy and radiology programs, pharmacy and lab, and a surgical suite consisting of four operating rooms, three endoscopy rooms, post-operative acute care unit, and anesthesiology and pathology departments.
Spectrum Engineers provided electrical engineering and design for the research hospital, including medium voltage distribution. Spectrum Engineers also designed the interior and exterior lighting for the hospital as well as the fire alarm, nurse call, paging and intercom, structured cabling, TV distribution and security systems.
The project scope includes:
- 50 beds
- 276,344 sq. ft. (finished), 13,269 sq. ft. (unfinished)
- Adjacent to existing research center and connected via glass-enclosed walkways
- Views of the Salt Lake Valley and foothills
- Exterior elements include sandstone and glass
- All inpatient rooms are private and include sleeping accommodations for a family member
- A fully-equipped business center will allow family members to stay with patient while continuing to accomplish their professional duties
- Advanced diagnostic, detection and treatment equipment